MET BALL HAIR ROUND UP
With stunning gowns, star-studded performances, and appearances by all the biggest celebs, the annual Met Gala is one of the most glamorous nights of the year and this week it certainly didn’t disappoint! The beauty of this event is that all the guests go all out to impress on the red carpet and today we’re giving you the latest hair scoop alongside how to achieve the look yourselves.
One key trend to arise this year is that poker straight hair is back in fashion ladies and it couldn’t go unnoticed on the red carpet, with celebrities including Cindy Crawford, Alessandra Ambrosio, Beyonce, Kylie Jenner, Rose Byrne and many more all opting for the super sleek style.
Another craze was the tailored chignon which was often styled with a sharp parting and sleek finish. This was worn by Emily Ratajkowski, Rosie Huntington-Whitely, Rita Ora, Gigi Hadid and Olivia Wilde.
Amber Heard and Kate Upton epitomised old school glamour with her side swept waves while Kirstin Stewart went a little less polished with unkempt texture and micro braids.
To achieve Amber Heard’s enviable waves follow these simple steps:
- Starting on freshly washed hair; apply some strong mousse and blow-dry this in using the EIDEAL Eionic hairdryer and round ceramic brush.
- Once all of the hair is dry, establish a low side parting with your comb.
- Using your Curl Guru tong by EIDEAL wrap large sections around the barrel, scrunch in the palm of your hands and then pin to cool and set in place.
- Repeat this until all of the hair in pinned. Make sure you start wrapping each section about 5 inches from the top.
- Remove the clips once the hair is cool.
- Using your Soft Bamboo Paddle Brush from EIDEAL; smooth down one side and tuck behind the ear. With the remaining side: brush this up from the hairline and spray with hairspray. Then use your hairdryer to set the volume in place with a little hot air.
- Spray the ends with some hairspray and gently brush through the shape using your comb.
- Finish with a shine spray.
The beauty of the Tailored Chignon is that you don’t need to have clean hair to do it on so it’s the perfect ‘next day’ hair;
- On dry hair, smooth out any kinks or frizz using your EIDEAL DiamonSilk straightening irons.
- Use a comb draw in a sharp parting (side partings always add a little more glamour to this look)
- Taking the back in one section (leave the hair from ear to ear out) comb all this into a point at the occipital bone (the bone that sticks out at the back of your head)
- Spray with lots of hairspray and tie really tight with elastic.
- Then move onto the front section; spray with lots of hairspray and use your comb to smooth out any stray hairs.
- Once you are happy with how neat the front sections are (and they are almost wet with the amount of spray there is) attach to the first ponytail using an elastic.
- Use your hairdryer on a cool heat to flatten any hairs.
- Wrap the ponytail around itself in a tight bun shape and secure with grips and pins.