In this week’s HAYA magazine; our Brand Ambassador Angel Montague Sayers decided it was all about ponytails. Here she talks us through what tools it takes to achieve this summer’s must have hair.
‘Above, I was inspired by the hair at MARNI for SS16. At the back the pigtails were twisted to create a softer shape around the face and by using the Curl Guru I was able to add a beautiful etherial texture to the mid-lengths and ends.’
‘Here I wanted to re-invent the hair from my school days but give it a modern twist. I kept the hair super clean by blow-drying it smooth using my favourite;The Natural Wooden Round Brush and the incredibly powerful Eionic dryer. To ensure there wasn’t a hair out of place I then spritzed some setting spray around the hairline and used my dryer to flatten these down.’
‘Bobble ponytails are set to be huge this summer and they are incredibly easy to do yourself. Make sure your hair some shape to the ends, I’d recommend using the large ‘Curlie’ tong to add shape. Then gather your hair into a ponytail and place elastic bands all the way down. To finish gently knead these out with your fingers and you’re good to go.’
‘Channel your inner sixties siren with a bouffant side ponytail this summer for instant style points. Use your fingers to gather the hair, rather than a brush so it feels ‘lived in’ and use the Curl Guru tong for full ends with an effortless wave.’
‘Looped ponytails are MAJOR and for this, the key is to keep the hair super smooth using the new Geenie irons by EIDEAL. These heat up instantly for fuss free styling.’
‘And last but not least; the Power Pony. Perfect for those wanting to make a statement this summer, position this in front of the crown for serious height and wrap a thick piece of hair around the elastic which will help prop it up.’
At EIDEAL we were thrilled this week to see our ‘healthy hair tips’ advice featured in STYLIST ARABIA. Summer is a huge concern for everyone desperately trying to protect their hair so read on for the full low down:
It’s important not to forget our hair when we enter into our summer health kick. With the build up of Chlorine, sunshine and air conditioning our hair is incredibly delicate in the UAE and having a rest period after all the brunches isn’t a bad idea either.
Detoxing ins’t just for our bodies but it’s for our hair too, first step in to remove any old products from the hair and get a good haircut to remove any dry, damaged ends.
Next up is to get a good reconditioning treatment; I’d recommend ‘The One’ treatment by Amazon Keratin as this lasts up to an incredible 8 weeks while also deeply nourishing packing protein and nutrients into the hair.
These days we are obsessed about how much we wash our hair and for many of us it’s a daily occurrence rather than weekly. Washing your hair too much, strips the hair of it’s natural oils which will make it dry and irritant. Whereas not washing it enough becomes unpleasant and unhygienic.
Many of you out there are guilty of not washing your hair properly. You whizz the shampoo through it in 2 seconds flat and fail to wash it out completely. Your scalp is constantly releasing sebum (skin oil). It is being mixed with dust, dirt, dead skin cells and various other hair products. Therefore your shampoo needs to remove all this in order for your scalp to be clear and your hair to be clean again.
Although heated tools have revolutionised the way we style our hair it is crucial to remember the temperature of the tool. EIDEAL has a huge range of curling tongs, wands and irons all with a temperature control so you can keep it low for your down days
A deep conditioning mask will also work wonders and applying once a week and leaving on the hair for 15 minutes is hugely beneficial. I recommend using the Amazon Keratin ‘Green Tea’ mask that deeply penetrates and protects the hair from external aggressions.
Brushing your hair too vigorously can also cause extra damage so get yourself a DeKnot brush by EIDEAL because it helps limit breakage and glides through your hair effortlessly.
Everyone wants to achieve them but there is a fine line between nonchalant, cool girl waves and heavily styled mermaid tresses. Follow our quick step by step guide to cause hair envy this weekend:
- Apply some prep product throughout the hair and blast dry this in using your EIDEAL Eionic hairdryer.
- Using your EIDEAL Diamonsilk Irons; take fine sections and bend the straighteners back and forth down each section, make sure you move quickly to avoid any marks.
- Continue this until you have waved all of the hair.
- Tip the head upside and shake out the wave using your fingers.
- Spray some texturising spray through the hair and blast dry in. This will create that undone, lived in texture.
- To finish: Either leave down or plait into a loose shape at the back, allowing soft hairs to fall around the face.
BeautyWorld Middle East is one of the largest International trade fairs in the world and the year will be EIDEAL’s 8th year at the prestigious trade show.
Spanning over three days we’ll be showcasing our latest tools including our revolutionary new smart iron; the Geenie as well as demonstrating this season’s techniques and revealing the incredible results of Amazon Keratin; our luxury smoothing service.
Alongside this EIDEAL has teamed up with business guru Susie Santiago and together will launch the EIDEAL-Santi Business Leadership Program at this years event.
Our New Brand Ambassador; Angel Montague Sayers will also be showing you her tricks of the trade with hair master classes’s running throughout the three days.
Please come and say hello at the EIDEAL stand (2A12) hall 2.
With stunning gowns, star-studded performances, and appearances by all the biggest celebs, the annual Met Gala is one of the most glamorous nights of the year and this week it certainly didn’t disappoint! The beauty of this event is that all the guests go all out to impress on the red carpet and today we’re giving you the latest hair scoop alongside how to achieve the look yourselves.
One key trend to arise this year is that poker straight hair is back in fashion ladies and it couldn’t go unnoticed on the red carpet, with celebrities including Cindy Crawford, Alessandra Ambrosio, Beyonce, Kylie Jenner, Rose Byrne and many more all opting for the super sleek style.
Another craze was the tailored chignon which was often styled with a sharp parting and sleek finish. This was worn by Emily Ratajkowski, Rosie Huntington-Whitely, Rita Ora, Gigi Hadid and Olivia Wilde.
Amber Heard and Kate Upton epitomised old school glamour with her side swept waves while Kirstin Stewart went a little less polished with unkempt texture and micro braids.
To achieve Amber Heard’s enviable waves follow these simple steps:
- Starting on freshly washed hair; apply some strong mousse and blow-dry this in using the EIDEAL Eionic hairdryer and round ceramic brush.
- Once all of the hair is dry, establish a low side parting with your comb.
- Using your Curl Guru tong by EIDEAL wrap large sections around the barrel, scrunch in the palm of your hands and then pin to cool and set in place.
- Repeat this until all of the hair in pinned. Make sure you start wrapping each section about 5 inches from the top.
- Remove the clips once the hair is cool.
- Using your Soft Bamboo Paddle Brush from EIDEAL; smooth down one side and tuck behind the ear. With the remaining side: brush this up from the hairline and spray with hairspray. Then use your hairdryer to set the volume in place with a little hot air.
- Spray the ends with some hairspray and gently brush through the shape using your comb.
- Finish with a shine spray.
The beauty of the Tailored Chignon is that you don’t need to have clean hair to do it on so it’s the perfect ‘next day’ hair;
- On dry hair, smooth out any kinks or frizz using your EIDEAL DiamonSilk straightening irons.
- Use a comb draw in a sharp parting (side partings always add a little more glamour to this look)
- Taking the back in one section (leave the hair from ear to ear out) comb all this into a point at the occipital bone (the bone that sticks out at the back of your head)
- Spray with lots of hairspray and tie really tight with elastic.
- Then move onto the front section; spray with lots of hairspray and use your comb to smooth out any stray hairs.
- Once you are happy with how neat the front sections are (and they are almost wet with the amount of spray there is) attach to the first ponytail using an elastic.
- Use your hairdryer on a cool heat to flatten any hairs.
- Wrap the ponytail around itself in a tight bun shape and secure with grips and pins.
Everyone knows the highlight of the MTV Music awards is the beauty red carpet and this year it certainly disappoint. The ‘model’s of the moment’ stole the spotlight with a line-up of hair looks everyone will be desperate to copy.
Kendal Jenner wowed onlookers with her bobble ponytail and super shiny locks while Gigi Hadid channeled her inner Bridget Bardot with a faux fringe and low-key texture.
Cara Delevingne won EIDEAL’S hair hero award with her nonchalant waves and micro parting braid, here is how to recreate our three favourite looks from last nights event…
KENDAL’S BOBBLE PONYTAIL
- Begin by prepping your freshly washed hair with a strong hair mouse from root to tip.
- Blow-dry this into the hair using your EIDEAL Deknot brush, as this will help you detangle whilst drying.
- Establish a centre parting with your comb.
- Once the hair is 100% dry, use the EIDEAL DiamonSilk irons to smooth out the hair and create that enviable shine.
- Slightly backcomb the crown area to add a little lift to your ponytail.
- Then use the Soft Bristle bamboo paddle brush by EIDEAL, to gather the hair into a low ponytail and use a little hairspray to eliminate any fly-aways.
- Secure the hair with elastic and use your brush to even out the mid-lengths of the hair.
- Next you will need to tie three elastic bobbles evenly down the rest of the hair.
- Once you have done, this take a fine piece of hair from the very end of the ponytail and gently ruche up to create the bobbles.
- Finish by using a light shine spray.
GIGI HADID’S LUSTROUS LOCKS
- Starting with freshly washed hair, apply some oil to the mid-lengths and ends.
- Using the Eionic hairdryer by Eideal and a large Natural Wooden brush, blow-dry the hair straight making sure to direct the hairdryer down to encourage the cuticles to lay flat.
- Once the hair is dry, use the largest ‘Curlie’ tongs by EIDEAL to gently smooth the hair whilst giving a subtle bend to the ends.
- Either smooth out your bangs or add in a faux fringe (always make sure the colour match is seamless. )
- Finish with a light serum or hairspray.
CARA DELEVINGNE’S COMEBACK HAIR
- Prepping the hair is so important to ensure the style you’re creating is long lasting. Roughly section the hair and apply some strong hold mousse from root to tip.
- Blow-dry the product into the hair using your EIDEAL hairdryer and Bamboo Paddle brush.
- Establish a low side parting with your comb.
- Divide the hair into small sections and clip away the remaining hair.
- Gently rotate your EIDEAL DiamonSilk Irons down each section, making sure to exaggerate each bend and keep a soft grip on the plates.
- Repeat this around the rest of the hair however when you come to the very front sections, slightly rotate on a diagonal to keep it softer around the face.
- Once all the hair is waved, move onto the MicroBraid;
- Using a fine tooth comb, section the hair from the crown to the front hairline. This should be no larger than 2cm in width.
- Create another small section from where the parting meets the hairline, down to behind the ear and clip this away.
- Mist some hairspray onto your EIDEAL soft bristle Bamboo paddle brush and brush the remaining hair away from the hairline.
- Braid the fine sections into using three pieces of hair. Start at the back and work towards to hairline, then back to behind the ear.
- Fasten this with a clear elastic.
- Once complete; shake out the waves with your fingertips and finish with a light hairspray or salt spray for extra texture.
On March 5th the EIDEAL team donned their best dresses (and suits) and made their way to the ultra-fabulous Waldorf Astoria Hotel for the Ahlan! Hot 100 party! For those of you who couldn’t make it, don’t worry! We were busy snapping the entire evening so that we could bring you the highlights!
Before we left we ensured that we looked our very best by having our make-up applied by celebrity favorite, Hannah Lisa MUA.
We were mesmerized by acrobats and contortionists!
Before enjoying some mouth watering nibbles! There was everything from sushi to cheese and some seriously HOT deserts!
The EIDEAL team – not a hair out of place!
EIDEAL’s founder, Haysam, next to the Hot 100 Hall of Fame – can you spot his name?
Haysam next to his Hot 100 canvas, you can learn more about Haysam and his passion for show jumping here
EIDEAL’s Laura & Kate strutting their stuff on the Hot 100 Red Carpet!