For the month of Ramadan we have joined forces with the award winning salon group Marquee. Our Brand Ambassador; Angel Montague Sayers will be styling the clients hair and showcasing our range of luxury tools. If the client purchases a tool then the service will be complimentary…. a win win we think!
This collaboration has already caused a stir in the UAE press, with AHLAN and 7DAYS featuring the offer.
Shakira is giving us serious hair envy at EIDEAL HQ, here is how to recreate her super curl do;
- Apply some mousse into the hair a blow-dry this in using the Eionic hair
dryer and the Soft Bamboo paddle brush.
- Once the hair is 100% dry, divide the hair into small sections.
- Take a section and wrap this around the Curlie wand, ensuring that the wand is placed behind the section to give a more subtle shape to the top.
- Alternate two sized wands to give a more naturally curly result. I recommend using the 18 and the 25 Curlie wands.
- Once all of the hair has been called, shake out the shape using your fingers and spritz with a texturing spray for really Shakira volume.
For a played down Shakira result why not opt for smoother curls during the Euros;
- Apply some mousse into the hair and blow-dry this in using the Eionic hairdryer and the Soft Bamboo paddle brush.
- Once the hair is 100% dry, divide the hair into small sections.
- Using the EIDEAL Curl Guru, gently glide this around each section of hair to imitate a hot brush. This will help smooth the cuticle as well as giving volume and lift to the root area.
- If you would like to have a stronger curl from the Curl Guru, simply wrap the section around the barrel and release the bristles.
- Then drop into the palm of your hand and scrunch to help set the shape in place.
- Repeat either method until all of the hair is curled.
- Then tip your head upside and break up the curl with your fingers.
- Finish by using some of the Amazon Keratin Argan Oil Serum to add a flawless shine to the hair.
Hair grips (otherwise known as Bobby Pins) are in every girls hair kit bag and have endless uses, so we wanted to share our advice on different ways to utilize them:
For better grip, flip the bobby pin over so that the wavy side is against your head.
Spray dry shampoo, hairspray or texture spray on the bobby pin before insertion to prevent slippage.
Secure the end of a braid with a hidden bobby pin to make your style look more chic – Slide a bobby pin upward into the knot to secure it. Voilà! A braid with no unsightly hair ties.
Keep your hair from falling in your face with hidden bobby pins.
Secure tiny braids with a concealed bobby pins.
Cover the elastic of your ponytail with a section of hair pinned around the base to disguise hair bobbles.
Pin back a half-up hairstyle with a geometric triangle design.
Insert grips into the base of your ponytail, vertically to prop up your ponytail.
Make your curls last longer by pinning the sections after curling them until they’ve cooled.
Apply eyelash glue to false lashes with the tip of a clean bobby pin.
They don’t always need to be hidden; use them as your hair decoration.
This month, EIDEAL are featured in both Emirates Woman and Cosmopolitan magazine with hair by our Brand Ambassador Angel Montague-Sayers.
In Cosmopolitan; Angel styled the hair for Brooke Dallow- Editor in Chief of Cosmopolitan Middleeast- ‘Here I blow-dryed the hair smooth using the Amazon Keratin serum and Silent force hairdryer, then in small sections I rotated the DiamonSilk irons back and forth to create a subtle beach wave. Then with my fingers I shook out the shape and finish with some dry shampoo to create a matte effect.’
The first feature in Emirates Woman is ‘Trend on Trial-tracksuits’ ‘Here the brief was ‘natural cool girl vibe’ so on Tarsila I created dishevelled waves, firstly with the Geenie irons and then used some salt spray and a dryer to give extra texture.’
For ‘The great coverup’ Angel used the Curl Guru to form effortless curls with a demi top knot on blogger Zarah Amira.
And on Handbag Designer; Sofia Al Asfoor, she used the large Curlie tongs in large vertical sections to enhance her natural hair texture.
At EIDEAL we are all for adding an extra day or two in between shampooing. The only issue is the longer you go without washing, the less likely you are to let your locks flow freely. But here’s the silver lining: There are a few hairstyles that actually look better on dirty hair. Lazy girls rejoice, these are guaranteed to help you on Ramadan mornings;
Twist your tresses into a chic , low chignon. The more texture the better and it keeps it out of your way.
Braids will be your best friends if you’re pushed for time in the mornings. They are easier to do on dirty hair and still look like you’ve made an effort…everyones a winner!
Look fierce for the office with a sharp, tailored style that will oozes sophistication. And the best part; no one will be able to tell the state of your hair if you layer up the hair spray and comb it into a low side parting….Ideal for the ever expanding heat!
We’re obsessed with high ponytail’s, they look chic especially if you have extra long locks and make you feel as though you’re still in school. Wrap a small section of hair around to disguise the bobble and add a little texture spray for extra movement.
In this week’s HAYA magazine; our Brand Ambassador Angel Montague Sayers decided it was all about ponytails. Here she talks us through what tools it takes to achieve this summer’s must have hair.
‘Above, I was inspired by the hair at MARNI for SS16. At the back the pigtails were twisted to create a softer shape around the face and by using the Curl Guru I was able to add a beautiful etherial texture to the mid-lengths and ends.’
‘Here I wanted to re-invent the hair from my school days but give it a modern twist. I kept the hair super clean by blow-drying it smooth using my favourite;The Natural Wooden Round Brush and the incredibly powerful Eionic dryer. To ensure there wasn’t a hair out of place I then spritzed some setting spray around the hairline and used my dryer to flatten these down.’
‘Bobble ponytails are set to be huge this summer and they are incredibly easy to do yourself. Make sure your hair some shape to the ends, I’d recommend using the large ‘Curlie’ tong to add shape. Then gather your hair into a ponytail and place elastic bands all the way down. To finish gently knead these out with your fingers and you’re good to go.’
‘Channel your inner sixties siren with a bouffant side ponytail this summer for instant style points. Use your fingers to gather the hair, rather than a brush so it feels ‘lived in’ and use the Curl Guru tong for full ends with an effortless wave.’
‘Looped ponytails are MAJOR and for this, the key is to keep the hair super smooth using the new Geenie irons by EIDEAL. These heat up instantly for fuss free styling.’
‘And last but not least; the Power Pony. Perfect for those wanting to make a statement this summer, position this in front of the crown for serious height and wrap a thick piece of hair around the elastic which will help prop it up.’
With stunning gowns, star-studded performances, and appearances by all the biggest celebs, the annual Met Gala is one of the most glamorous nights of the year and this week it certainly didn’t disappoint! The beauty of this event is that all the guests go all out to impress on the red carpet and today we’re giving you the latest hair scoop alongside how to achieve the look yourselves.
One key trend to arise this year is that poker straight hair is back in fashion ladies and it couldn’t go unnoticed on the red carpet, with celebrities including Cindy Crawford, Alessandra Ambrosio, Beyonce, Kylie Jenner, Rose Byrne and many more all opting for the super sleek style.
Another craze was the tailored chignon which was often styled with a sharp parting and sleek finish. This was worn by Emily Ratajkowski, Rosie Huntington-Whitely, Rita Ora, Gigi Hadid and Olivia Wilde.
Amber Heard and Kate Upton epitomised old school glamour with her side swept waves while Kirstin Stewart went a little less polished with unkempt texture and micro braids.
To achieve Amber Heard’s enviable waves follow these simple steps:
- Starting on freshly washed hair; apply some strong mousse and blow-dry this in using the EIDEAL Eionic hairdryer and round ceramic brush.
- Once all of the hair is dry, establish a low side parting with your comb.
- Using your Curl Guru tong by EIDEAL wrap large sections around the barrel, scrunch in the palm of your hands and then pin to cool and set in place.
- Repeat this until all of the hair in pinned. Make sure you start wrapping each section about 5 inches from the top.
- Remove the clips once the hair is cool.
- Using your Soft Bamboo Paddle Brush from EIDEAL; smooth down one side and tuck behind the ear. With the remaining side: brush this up from the hairline and spray with hairspray. Then use your hairdryer to set the volume in place with a little hot air.
- Spray the ends with some hairspray and gently brush through the shape using your comb.
- Finish with a shine spray.
The beauty of the Tailored Chignon is that you don’t need to have clean hair to do it on so it’s the perfect ‘next day’ hair;
- On dry hair, smooth out any kinks or frizz using your EIDEAL DiamonSilk straightening irons.
- Use a comb draw in a sharp parting (side partings always add a little more glamour to this look)
- Taking the back in one section (leave the hair from ear to ear out) comb all this into a point at the occipital bone (the bone that sticks out at the back of your head)
- Spray with lots of hairspray and tie really tight with elastic.
- Then move onto the front section; spray with lots of hairspray and use your comb to smooth out any stray hairs.
- Once you are happy with how neat the front sections are (and they are almost wet with the amount of spray there is) attach to the first ponytail using an elastic.
- Use your hairdryer on a cool heat to flatten any hairs.
- Wrap the ponytail around itself in a tight bun shape and secure with grips and pins.